Burgas Municipality is implementing the project BGENVIRONMENT-2.003-0003-C01 “Implementation of marine waste reduction measures in the Bay of Burgas”, funded by the European Climate Change Programme (ECCP) of Financial Mechanism of European Economic Area (FM of EEA) 2014-2021.
The main purpose of the project is to ultimately improve the ecological status of marine waters in the Bay of Burgas by raising public awareness, self-awareness making citizens responsible for the reduction and prevention marine litter.
- Reduce the amount of waste in marine environment from the territory of Burgas Municipality originating from the land;
- Increase the capacity of the local administration by introducing measures for waste management and implementation of local environmental ordinances;
- Raise the self-awareness of the local community about responsible uses of resources, and protect marine waters by increasing environmental knowledge.
- Chance for children and nature in Bulgaria Foundation;
- The Blue Army NGO, Iceland.
√ Reduction of the amount of waste in the Bay of Burgas through initiatives for cleaning the marine environment;
√ Conducted educational and information campaigns aimed at prevention and reduction of waste in the marine environment.
Budget: 274 604,46 BGN.
Project term: 14 months (26.Feb.2021 – 26.Apr.2022)
Funded by: European Climate Change Programme (ECCP) of Financial Mechanism of European Economic Area (FM of EEA) 2014-2021